Originally Posted by Kaleb

Nothing confusing at all. I recommended him to a close friend based on his reputation here. My friend sent him all the parts and causally asked a ball park time frame. He said something like 6 weeks. My friend knowing things happen didn’t try to contact him until about 3 months and then it was just to make sure everything was ok. Eddie told him he was very sorry and had been busy. No big deal. He told him he would get it in the next couple of weeks. After a couple more months my friend tried to contact him again and he wouldn’t reply to him. I sent him a message asking him to contact my friend and explained my situation where I recommended him to a friend and how poorly things were going. He apologized again and gave another time frame which wasn’t met. The rifle finally arrived and it didn’t shoot like a 6BR defiance action brux or bartlien barrel McMillan stock NF scope should. After the whole bad experience he put the gun up and just forgot about it for a bit. After getting it back out we noticed the barreled action didn’t set right in the stock. The bedding looked amazing but it rocked and we determined the recoil lug was bottomed out. So we dremeled out some of the pretty bedding and skim bedded that. During all the trouble shooting we noticed the barrel didn’t really seem to be crowned. Now I’m not saying it was just chopped off flat. I also know some crowns are slightly different than others. With that said the crown was not like anything either of us has had before or since then. So he had the barrel crowned. After the bedding tweak and crown the gun is a tack river. I have absolutely no axe to grind and nothing against Eddie. I just wanted to share my experience. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything about this but I would hate for someone else to have the same experience we did.

Well, I feel the need to respond to this partially true claim, even if it's about a build from 2015 (had to look it up because I couldn't remember that far back). The claim about timeframe is true, no denying, and in big part due to some personal family things that happened. I will leave it at that, since quite frankly it's nobody's business. Onto the claim of me not crowning a barrel, and putting out bad bedding is simply BS, not true. I have NEVER bedded a rifle without clearance under the recoil lug, ever. As far as the crown goes, the barrel was threaded and timed for a muzzle brake, therefore gets a new crown regardless, and my crowns/machining are done correctly, period.

I have no axe to grind here either, especially from 2015....however, it would have been nice to know about this back then. Finally, I am not going to get into a technical argument on how to check bedding, cutting crowns, chambering etc. with someone that doesn't know what they are doing.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and putting me on blast. I am not perfect, but I do strive try to be a better person everyday.

I am truly sorry for your friends' experience 6.5 years ago. This will be my only response to this thread

Happy and healthy New Year!

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com