Thanks to all. I've tried all those about over and over and over. I think it was a problem with my antivirus or my home firewall. Maybe, this time it will work.
L2S, Oh, that we could have sat before a mopane fire and swapped lies. What a trip that would have been!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The top one is what I call my Leopard Gun. She has been there and done it. The stock was broken between the wrist and action sometime in the past. I have no story on that. There is a small spot of a finger print of blood rust on the barrel, again no story, but I imagine many different scenarios for both. The stock is refinished, somewhat less than professionally, probably after the stock broke. Those all add to her, for me. It also has a little thingy on the extractor that lets me use rimless cases if need be. I have found she does not like sleet, snow and freezing rain. That freezing water gets inside the action and the action does not work when its full of ice. If I could have only one gun, this would be the one I would have!

The second one is my Meffert Hubertus. She is 8x57JR and 16 dural drilling, with a 22 mag insert in the right barrel. I have a Lee die to squeeze down bullets to 318. She was my fair weather bird gun back in PA. Here in Virginia, I only have woodcock and those I can't use a darn Greener safety for quick shots, so its a deer, turkey squirrel gun.

The bottom one is my Sauer Lux 7x57R and 16 drilling. It has a 5.6x50R full length insert in the right barrel. While the engraving is lovely, it's a serious hunting gun, so the wood and metal both show use. I have the 5.6 shooting to the same point as my 139 grain 7x57 at 100 yards, and a cast load for the 5.6 to the sights at 50 yards. A very versatile gun, that i wish was in 8x57.
Here are photos of some of my 8x57 rounds I noticed that i didn't include my 200 grain partition load. And then some of my stash of 8 mm bullets.

Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.