Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I'd like to see my son go on a nice hunt or two while he's young and can still enjoy it but I know they can get expensive pretty quick. He's done well for himself so far and is in incredible shape so I'd love to see him have an opportunity to go after something bigger than our NE deer. What would you guys recommend?

For this, I was thinking more along the lines of an elk, bear, ?? I think under $5k would be a good start but, depending on the animal(moose, etc.)/location, I realize that may be low.

It's nice of you to be looking out for your son's pocketbook.

But..

Seeking out the cheapest outfitter you can find for a Elk/Bear hunt will lead you directly to the lesser quality Outfitters in the business.

You have to ask yourselves this, "why would they be cheaper than the other guys"?

It's either going to be the show they put on or the country they have available to hunt. Something is causing them to have to offer that reduced rate.

It'd be much like me attempting to find a quality union electrical contractor to wire my new home for around 5K.

It ain't gonna happen.

But I might find some fly by night schmuck that would take my 5K and make a feeble attempt.

I was charging $4800.00 for a 10 day, combo elk/deer/bear hunt in Montana 30 years ago.

Ante up, hire a quality outfitter, enjoy a quality hunt,, harvast a quality Bull Elk, make it the hunt of a lifetime.

Hunt America, keep your hard earned dollars in the USA, support our hospitality industry, it's been a rough couple years. 🇺🇸

And you're not required to be vaccinated to cross the Communist border.

Life is good live it while you can.