Originally Posted by MAC08
Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
a few years ago I had a chance to handle and then shoot the 1950 made M70 in .375 H&H owned and used on the south end of Kodiak Island for 40 years by Morris Talifson, the famed brown bear guide. 40 years with both a spring and fall season on one of the harshest hunting environments on earth. The rifle fed rounds unbelieveably smooth.

On another occasion I had a lengthly conversation with one of the most celebrated hi-power shooters in the country, Middleton Tompkins. He used pre-64 M70 actions on his hi-power rifles for many, many years and won 6 national titles as I remember. I asked him how many rounds he thought he'd put thru one of his actions: he kind of chuckled and said "oh, probably close to 50,000." I asked did he ever had an action part break. He said just one extractor collar.

Kind of hard to find any better testimonials than those 2 about the ruggedness of those old M70s.

ruffed that is a true fact for sure. That speaks volumes about the actions. Now to figure what would be a fair price. This rifle is pretty well used but when you look at the age and how many hunting seasons it must have seen.

MAC

Buy the rifle... don't worry to much about the price... it is a treasure

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.