Originally Posted by uncle joe
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I agree with everybody on the value and the outrageous price; but, man that's a pretty nice barn find. It would be interesting to know the story behind that. My speculation is that it would be a sad story involving a death.

Grew up with a kid that went to Viet Nam in 69. Saved his $$ and sent it home to dad to buy him a car when he returned. He wanted a "Super Bee" but was shy about 50% so dad wanted to surprise him and made up the difference and bought the care a few weeks before his tour was to end. He never made it home.
The car sat in the carport for the longest time unused. I spent a lot of time with his dad over the first year or so and got busy with life and the visits got shorter and farther apart.
I went to see him on the second anniversary of Johns death and he said he was getting tired of people asking to buy it so he covered it with a tarp. Dad was never the same and ended up killing himself on the fourth anniversary. His mother was pretty much a total wreck after that and his little brother turned into a drug addled POS in spite of the efforts of many of us trying to help him.
Mom also passed away and somehow the little brother managed to inherit and keep the house and still lives there today.
I left town about 45 years ago and I stopped several times when I would go back to visit my mother but the kid was either not there of just wouldn't come to the door.
the car was still under the tarp in the carport as recently as 2015. Sad story all around. Probably way too many stories involving VN vets and probably Gulf war vets as well.

Unbelievably sad story

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?