Look what the cat drug in…”olive’s lives matter”.

You have not shot a single animal with any of the said bullets, nor have you shot “thousands upon thousands” into paper.

Go away while the adults are talking.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Having shot tons of 140gr eld match bullets, I'd pick the 139 scenar over it. The 140 is pretty thin skinned and comes apart pretty easily. I know guys use the 147 with good success, but they use the same jacket thickness as the 140. Will they kill? Absolutely, but you are going to have a lot of lead fragments in the meat. The choice is yours. A 143 ELDX will hold together better than either of the ELDM pills you mention.

What constitutes "tons". How many game animals were in that mix? Impact velocities? I've killed a few deer with the lighter weight variety and they held together better than I expected.

Thousands upon thousands. The bullet has a very thin skin. I would not trust it on game I wanted to eat. Unless you like the taste of lead. Here's some that had issues:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They are an awesome target bullet. That is what they were designed for. You do take your chances with them though. I guess you've been warned. Just because a bullet punches paper and rings steel, doesn't mean it's going to be a top choice for a deer bullet. It will kill a deer no problem, but why put up with the mess of lead fragments in something you are going to eat. Or do you not eat what you shoot?

LOL