Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by mod7rem
I know both of these are very popular and I have taken some animals with the 140 & 147 ELD-M. But, I’ve never tried the 139 Scenar.
For those that have used both on game, is there any difference or benefit of one over the other at CM velocities? Thanks.

mod7,

I’ve used the 147 for the last few years. It’s performed well on elk and mule deer. Carried it for sheep as well, but haven’t had the good fortune to find a legal one yet. Chickened our and shot my moose last year with the 127LRX.

I had plans to make this the year of the 139, but I’m still packing the 147s around... maybe next year. Haha. Please report back, if you do use the 139. Since you’re familiar with the 147, I’d appreciate your thoughts on the 139.

So far my results with ELD-M have been pretty good. I’ve taken 2 Mule deer bucks, 1 goat and a couple pronghorn with the 140 ELD-M Also taken 1 Mule deer, 1 Ram and 2 mountain caribou with the 147 ELD-M.

Now I’m just curious about trying the 139 Scenar because of how well liked it is. I definitely like using one bullet for everything. No real need to change I guess, except 147’s we’re tough to get for awhile, just wondering what differences on game between the two. Maybe one is better suited to higher velocities than the other? Mine is a 20” CM with muzzle velocity of 2650 fps with the 147’s.