George De Vries 3rd: Not a problem at all - get off on all the tangents you want.
I enjoy hearing from knowledgeable "Birders" - I consider myself an amateur bird Hunter - if not a long time Grouse & Pheasant neophyte Hunter.
I started at age 12 and that was 62 years ago.
Probably have only harvested 100 Pheasants and maybe a few more Grouse - along with VERY few Chukars!
Maybe taken 20 Huns in the last 24 years of Montana living along with a handful of Sage Grouse and Sharptails.
When we cooked and ate the Huns we added a bit of commercial Montana Huckleberry "Sauce" to them and it was WONDERFUL.
I got a pair of Sandhill Crane "tags" for here in SW Montana but have not worked up the nerve to bonk one as yet - I have eaten them before and they are great table fare though.

WyoCoyoteHunter: Another friend of mine from Arizona was here for 11 days recently and he wants a Badger rug in the worst way - so we have to bag a Badger.
We Hunted them for 9 of the 11 days he was here and fished the other two.
NO Badgers but we got a Coyote and several other small Varmints in our travels/Hunts.
We did see two medium flocks of Sage Grouse but no shotguns along at the time.
Good luck with the "Bombers".
Its an unseasonably warm 82 degrees here in SW Montana today.
Keep after'em and be safe.

Battue & Dukxdog: That little dog was the finest mannered dog that I have seen in decades!
It was just a treasure to be around and to watch Hunt.
The owner lives in Florida 9 months of the year and recreates/lives the rest of the time in Montana.
I am certain he would not sell said Spaniel

All: I have THE most wonderful picture of my Hunting partners and the tiny English Cocker Spaniel and my other friends Black Lab along with some Huns, some scenery and a bit of guns if anyone would like to see it just privately provide me with your cell number and I will have the VarmintWife text it to you from my cell phone (maybe even for posting it here if you have the expertise?).

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy