Thanks for all the Good info here Gents. It has been a fun read.

I just picked up two boxes of these .30 cal 130g TTSX slugs to use in creating a good lower recoil deer /hog load for my 16 year old nephew's Ruger American in .308.

I have a question n for all you reloading the Barnes bullets- what OAL are you guys loading them and do you put any crimp on them?

I have read that Barnes recommends using the pressure relief grooves as crimping grooves. Based on the OAL lengths listed in the Barnes data it looks like they are seating and then crimping in the forward most groove for and OAL length just over 2.7" . I have also read about guys getting better accuracy by seating them further out to the second groove which results in just over 2.8" long loads but still short enough of most magazines.

Still a third camp crimps ON the first driving band for an length between those two extremes. I have a full length Lee deluxe Four die set so I can do either the roll crimp or the factory crimp on my cases.

Barnes seems to think the best combination of accuracy and velocity lies in seating their bullets TTSX relatively deep.

What seating depths /crimps are you guys using??