Originally Posted by jeffbird
For the first time ever, recovered a .308 130 TTSX from a management deer yesterday. The only other Barnes I have recovered was an 80 grain TTSX from a .243 on a large hog.

The deer was 186 pounds live weight, 143 yards, slightly angled facing me. Entry forward point of nearside shoulder, bullet came to rest under the hide forward of offside rear leg. Dropped where he stood.

The terminal performance of the TTSX is very consistent, by far my favorite bullet and they are very accurate too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pushing the 80 gr TTSX like you're doing is OK. Pushing it at 3,600 fps out of a 240 Wby, maybe not so good. I got a huge blast effect on the chest wall of a doe, not so much internal damage. She ran over a hundred yards, had to find her in the woods at night, which wasn't a lot of fun.

That gun loves the NPT. 100 gr. NPT is my go to bullet in the .240, shoots half MOA at 400 yds. To me, they either love the Partitions or not.

I like 130's in the .308. For WT's and hogs, they're hard to beat. For that application, you don't need 180's, etc, IMO. And 3,100, 3,200 fps hits'em like a magnum.

DF