Oh, yeh. Through out the farms I have trail cams and while doing field work I get to know some of the Whitetail bucks. I had patterned a real nice buck and had a tree stand set up in his wheelhouse. Opening morning I was there and a few does moved thru but no buck. About 11:00 AM I heard a couple grunts then the tink, tink, thud of antlers. Shortly thereafter a big buck came trotting down the hillside to my left that the does came down and I could see enough of him that I was going to pull the trigger. I voice "meh" him and he stopped and I sent a 87 grain .257 bullet.

At the shot a second buck came down the hillside and ran right at me. When he came by me at about 20 yards I could see it was the buck I had patterned. WTF.

I was filled with anticipation climbing out of the tree stand, walked the 80 yards to where the buck was when I shot, found blood after a couple jumps he took and continued on the trail. It wasn't more than 50 yards and there he was. Huge buck, bigger than the one I patterned. Wrong buck but great buck.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime