Kind of. Opening day late I was getting out of my tree stand when a fork horn went under my tree. I didn't want to shoot that one or show him where I was, so I let him feed his way over the hill. About a minute later he came racing back under my tree like he was on fire. Strange I thought and then the buck of a lifetime came up over that same hill with a doe. I've seen a lot of big deer including B&C mounts and this guy had it all. Broadside at 80 yards with snow... But late, like half an hour late. I hunted that buck for three days and never saw him again, only big tracks and a rub on a cedar tree I could barely get my arms around. I went back for my camera to get a picture of that one.
I gave it up on that stand four days later, moved and 8:30 that morning shot a consolation buck. 210# dressed weighed a week later as a main frame 10, with 18 scoreable. That opening day buck still haunts my memory years later.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory