Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I was a certified NRA instructor for quite a few years. About every woman that took my class and bought one of those air weights or super light revolve or semis that their boyfriend or husband told them that is what they wanted ended up not being able to handle the recoil and it ended up in the drawer.

Let her get some certified training, shoot a few different handguns, and let her decided. A 5 shot J frame with 38 wad cutters will suffice and the revolvers are not so intimidating as semis.

The biggest problem of introducing new shooters to semis is the getting it drilled into there heads that you drop the magazine and then clear the chamber when unloading.There are a lot of things AD's when they eject a round and the drop the magazine.Sometimes with disastrous and tragic results

My experience as well in nearly 25 years of teaching Carry Classes.

My wife shot plenty of different handguns and chose the airweight.

Most women I taught chose an air weight, given the choice and training. They’re not bad to shoot with the right ammo.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~