Back in my limiting out stage I used a rut scent and had some success getting deer, but I couldn’t honestly attribute it to a scent post. I did have a dripper out one opening day and had a 5 and 8 point there opening morning. Roundoak mentioning coyotes reminds me that I too had a coyote definitely coming to a rut scent pad that I’d put out.

Speaking of pads. Funny story about my early adolescent female learning curve. I bought a bottle of the best, most expensive rut scent that my meager allowance would allow. Needing a wick of some type, I requisitioned one of my sisters Tampax things. Perfect, a string and everything I thought. I no more than touched that thing to my open bottle of scent and it sucked up the entire bottle almost instantly. Damn, gone!

Some of you have had more success with the drag rag thing than I have. I always figured that the scent would get weaker the farther that I dragged it and that the deer would track it backwards toward the truck where I applied the scent.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory