Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I used to check his eyeballs.

I could put two fingers inside his super bowl rings. The old timers claimed he was the toughest guy to ever step on the field.

He was a certifiable bad jazz on the football field.

He was, but IMHO, the baddest of the bad was, & given what the game has turned now, will be forever, Dick Butkus.

Nobody even really close. He would lost a quarter under today's pussified rules, not for being dirty, just for kickin' the schitt outta people & roughing them up by trying to tear their heads off.

But Randy White maybe takes a 2nd place, he was a smart brute & could have been even better if they'ed let him play middle linebacker.

As for non-defensive badasses, pretty hard to argue against Earl Campbell..............not much sense, but he was tough.

MM

Good arguments can be made for those, for sure, and I loved Earl. I'll stick with EJ. Such a badass he played both sides of the ball....center and MLB.

I know it’s fun and cool to be all nostalgic, but your kidding yourself if you think today’s players wouldn’t crush the fugg out of those old guys. Like zero question that the size and strength is far superior in today’s athletes. Sure the game has changed, but if you took guys from today and put them in yesterday’s game they’d wreck them. Don’t even pretend that it wouldn’t happen.