Last time I was by Sportsman's Whorehouse, they had some rebadged Tasco/Simmons/Bushnell 4 power scopes sitting on the counter...

price was either $25 or $29.00

not even looking at the price, some of those things had decent glass ( at least for my imperfect eye sight), and they sure were tough scopes..
not much to screw up...

Ive got a couple of the old Simmon's Whitetail Scopes in 4 x 40... they had real good glass, and were pretty darn tough also...

My Leupold Straight power and Weaver Straight power scopes, either reside on 22s or some Lever Action these days....

Those Simmons were Philippine Made, the Leupold Beaverton OR made and the Weavers were Japanese made...

I've got a couple of Cabela's house brand 4 and 6 power scopes, and their glass wasn't bad and they seem to be tough scopes also...

I'm surprised on how many guys you see at the local range getting tuned up for hunting season which is now here for deer....

they have 6 x 24s on top.... you need one of those in today's world to take a 110 pound blacktail at 75 yards or so.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez