Originally Posted by shootem

1* Boys graduate high school at a rate of 82% vs girls at 88%
2* 60% of those enrolled in colleges and universities are girls
3* College/University enrollments have declined an average of 1.7% every year for the last 5 years and 71% of this decline has been males
4* Boys are suspended from school at a rate 25% higher than girls
5* Males are also blamed that 1 out of 4 boys grows up without any kind of father figure in the house
6* Only 24% of K-12 school teachers are male

Serious question. Are your numbers racially adjusted for Asian (Mongoloid), Caucasian (Caucasoid), and (primarily) Negroid? If not they don’t tell the whole story. Tell me what percentage of each group did what and when in their educational opportunity. I really doubt suspension rates for Asian students are skewed so much just as an example. And based on inner city examples there is a huge chance many of the negative social interactions unfortunately involve the Negroid group; pushing the overall numbers into the ‘bad’ categories for other groups. Doesn’t have to be that way. My personal opinion is that this has been induced by over application of federal government social programs; ie give always. Nonetheless, it is what it is.

That may be worth considering. I don't have the data at hand for those previously cited stats, but there is other evidence that:

1 - black people graduate at a rate of 79% vs 89% for whites
4 - IFS shows: "in 2016 nearly 24% of black students in U.S. elementary and secondary schools had been suspended at least once, as our new analysis of the National Household Education Survey (NHES) shows. By contrast, only a third as many white students (8%) and one-sixth as many Asian students (4%) had been suspended."
5 - kidscount.org reoorts 24% of white kids are in single-parent families, whereas 64% of black kids are. Pew Foundation breaks down family demographics more carefully and distinguishes solo parents, cohabiting parents, and married by different ethnic groups: https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2018/04/25/the-changing-profile-of-unmarried-parents/

So there is evidence for your assessment that these negative trends are skewed worse by the black population in particular. It's important that I make the distinction here that this isn't evidence that black people are to blame or that they are the root cause. Regardless of our circumstances, we each have personal responsibility for our families. There are certainly groups of people, both ethnic groups as well as national groups that are kept in conditions of dependency, as you might describe through over-application of US Government domestic welfare, and foreign aid - they are victims of humanitarianism.

Points 2, 3, and 6 don't seem to be affected by race or ethnicity.

While college completion rates are much lower for blacks and hispanics than whites and asians, this has remained consistent since the 60's. What has changed is the gender makeup of those enrolled. Although women have been the majority in colleges since the mid-80's, the gap has been increasing since then.

I found data indicating college enrollment for black people has increased at a higher rate than it has for whites between 2000 and 2018. But it has declined for males overall.

Women have for a long time comprised about 80% of elementary school teachers, but what has changed is the makeup of secondary schools. We've seen a reversal where before 1980, men were 60% of secondary school teachers, by 2000, they comprised only 40%.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 10/10/21.