Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by rainshot
I'm still waiting on him to do something to stop the mass invasion of our state. He sends a lot of people down there to witness it but doesn't actually do anything to stop it. We need people that are willing to actually stop them cold in Mexico and make them stay there.

I’m sure there are plenty of Texans wondering the same thing.

Have you contacted him or his office and asked him “Why” he hasn’t done anything to stop the invasion.

Just exactly what do you want Gov Abbott to do? Believe me, this Texan is not giving him a pass but get real. The Border is Fed controlled and not State. Doesn't matter how many "No Vacancies" signs Abbott puts out, Biden is inviting them in a lot faster. Care to make a trip down here and see for yourself (and that is not just directed at you personally).

On the short stretch of Hwy 83 between Zapata and Mission you find 3 times as many State Police as any other law enforcement including Border Patrol. Oh, and don't get me started about the "response time" from the Border Patrol. We are much better off to contact the Texas Highway Patrol or even Texas Game Warden. Looks like to me Abbott is trying to control what he can control.

I am right there with many others in giving Gov. Abbott heat about many issues, but to put the lack of border control solely on his shoulders is BS. At least, for right now, Texas is still a "Red State". Maybe some of the armchair quarterbacks from the "Blue States" need to worry about their own backyard first.