Back in 1980 I was working on the Bolton ranch south of Rawlins, running 2500 head of yearlings. Me and the mexican was out doctoring steers and managed to kill one. I field dressed it while the mexican rode back to get the truck and trailer. We yanked the carcass in the trailer and headed for town. The guy that owned the pepsi warehouse had a walk-in cooler and butcher shop in the back. We skinned and quartered the steer and got him on hooks, and then went to grab something to eat. There was a great German restaurant that had killer steaks, too. Walked in all bloody to the shoulders and headed to the restroom to wash up. I guess the owner thought we was serial killers or something and called the cops. About the time they took our order, the cops had us surrounded with guns drawn. A few more were in the parking lot going thru the truck/trailer without a warrant. After they got the scoop, they sent a guy over to the pepsi distributor and found out we wasn't bloodthirsty axe murderers or something, and our story checked out. They never even bothered to call the brand inspector, once the pepsi guy showed them the meat and hide. The cops that drew their guns ended up eating with us and were good guys.... There used to be a drugstore in Rawlins with a good gunshop in the basement. Bought several there.....