Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Hello all,
A couple of years ago I bought a couple of LED "D" cell Mag-Lights for my truck. The last time I used them was last winter as I recall. Since then, and a few surgeries later. I needed on the other day. I pulled it out, and no surprise it didn't work. I too the cap off and the batteries in both lights are corroded. I soaked both with Kroil around the batteries in heavy amounts for over 10 days hoping to free them up. I drilled a hole in the rear battery of one and threaded a large screw hook into the battery. All the pulling I can muster and it's not budging.
Any ideas on other ways to get the batteries out?
Your help and suggestions most appreciated!
Rick

Duracell batteries?

I bet not. I only buy Duracell now.

Energizer is the only brand I’ve had leak (twice). Energizer did send me a check for each item.

OP - pls post brand.

That's funny as schit IB, I've had exactly the opposite problem. I had Duracells ruin 3 flashlights and a thermostat, all Double A's and all Duracell.

🤷‍♀️

My experience as well; Duracell and Kirkland batteries from Costco have been my leakers lately. No Energizer problems so far.
I have Kirkland batteries that are supposed to be good until 2030 leaking one year after buying,

I also have had major problems with Duracells destroying flashlights and gadgets the last couple of years. I figure they made some change that takes the "dura" part out of the name. I have switched exclusively to Energizers and have not noticed any problems so far.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln