Originally Posted by zcm82
Originally Posted by Duane73
I like the Rossi so far. Very smooth action and accurate. I never used the copper bullets (Barnes VORTX) before. They grouped well at 50 and 100 yards.

Open sights can be accurate, you just have to know how to use them. I sight all my rifles with open sights to where the bullet will impact just above the bead using a 6 o`clock hold. Makes it manageable. My dad taught me this 40 some years ago. In his time that is all they used and they got it done all the time.

Pretty much same here, the older I get the more I've gotten away from scopes. I've had too many scope failures to really trust them in the field. Most of my rifles carry peep sights now. Use the same 6 o' clock hold just under the target as you so I can still see what I'm shooting at. I've found running a smaller 1/16" white bead front sight helps me enormously with target aquisition, too.

I agree, My 1894 has peep sights on it and I favor it over my scoped 336. Lever guns and peeps seem to just go together like peas and carrots.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan