You guys that only need one shot in the gun crack me up.

It tells me you have limited experieince shooting at big game.

Unlike the controlled enviroment at the range where you always have a perfect rest and a clear unobstructed path to the target on pancake flat land with excellent light and holding the crosshairs deadon a 1" orange dot at an exact known range and poking holes in a paper target stapled to board.

That's all great fun and if you do it enough you can convince yourself that you are a really great shot and that consistantly hunting and killing and recovering big game with one shot is really easy..

I've seen bullets fail on big game on perfectly placed shots necisitating one or several more follow ups. Not to mention all the million other things that can go wrong in a hunting situation for even the most experieinced rifleman.

Now is the time everbody chimes in how many one shot kills they've recorded in a row. You aren't hunting the same game in the same places that I have been.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~