This is an excellent suggestion but leaves out some important information.

Handgun load performance is very much dependent upon volumetric capacity behind the bullet. Light 44 Special data will not perform in 44 mag brass as the load data suggests it will, unless internal capacity of the magnum brass is adjusted to match that which the data was written for.

Fortunately it is very easy to adjust that volume. Simply seat the bullet deeper into the brass until you match COAL of the Special data.

My experience is with 41 mag, 327 mag, and 357 to a lesser extent. But the principals hold to 44 mag or even 460 Smith/454 Casull/45 colt.

Extremely light loads in magnum brass (650 to 800 fps) at magnum COAL gives inconsistent ignition, very high velocity spread, and soot and carbon all over the revolver.

Deeper seating of the bullet cures those issues.

I load 41 mag brass to 41 special specs, and I load the 327 to 32 H&R or 32 S&W long specs with the bullet seated to the COAL listed in the data I am using. Sometimes the ogive is below the case mouth. Sometime the tip of the bullet might be below or even with the case mouth.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.