Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I have a Kimber 7WSM. I used it for an elk rifle for several years. It shoots well with the 175 Weldcore. I tried to get it to shoot the 175 A-Frame without much luck, but I need to come back and try a powder with a different progressivity, because I believe barrel timing was likely the issue.

I ended up using Hornady cases. Norma cases are better, but have to be formed from 300 WSM and it's a fireforming PITA because they moved the shoulder.

I think it's the best of the 7mms. I've switched most of my elk hunting over to larger cartridges after a guide in one of the areas I hunt was killed at at elk carcass by a bear a couple years ago. Another was killed not that far away fishing earlier this year, which is a good reminder... but where there's elk and no big bears the 7mm is good. I also have a .300 WSM and I think I slightly prefer the 200gr terminal ascent to any 7mm bullet available now so I'm using that quite a bit.

Supposed to be a 175/180 Terminal Ascent coming out. The whole supply thing has slowed down the release of it but that and the 200 TA would make for a good bullet for my uses. Mid .600’s BC with some integrity.

Semper Fi