Dre - "... This other guy from Cali was the biggest POS human being and hunter I’ve been around in loooong time. To think about it, He is the biggest. He biggest one upper, best gear, know it all, cocky, arrogant POS I had to endure for 5 days. ... "

That guy is a duplicate of a man in an outfitted elk camp in which I hunted in Colorado years ago. Except he was not from California; he was from Miami, Florida. He bragged about his money, his gear, his hunting and shooting experience, and snidely managed to disparage the same of the hunters in camp. After a couple days of his boorish, obnoxious. overbearing, smug attitude, we hunters just ignored him the best we could. It was not easy.

He missed two easy shots on good six point bulls, and then blamed his guide because he missed the shots. His guide said one shot was about 200 yards and the other shot was about 250 yards. The fact he was about 50 pounds overweight, not in good shape, and we were camped at 10,000 feet altitude and hunting up to 12,000 feet, didn't help him much. That azzwipe made unpleasant an elk hunt/Camp that otherwise would have been most enjoyable.

I've been on six outfitted elk hunts in several western states and that was the only one where one of the "hunters" should have stayed home. Or learned some manners.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)