Originally Posted by slumlord
You ever have that table saw fire a piece of wood into your guts like a shotgun??

lol

Yep
I also was cutting thin 1/4" strips for future projects and hit a knot running threw the piece where I could not see it.
The piece flew up and my instant reaction was to push the piece down from hitting me in the head.
the blade was about 1/16" past the top of my cut.
My fingers went threw the blade or actually the blade fillet the tips of 3 of my fingers.
It was like my hand was hit with a 100 Lbs. sledge hammer.
Blood spurted out of one of my fingers like a squirt gun.
Called the wife to come home from work after I wrapped my hand up in a white towel. It was the first thing I found.
Went to the ER and the desk nurse said she needed to see the damage. I told her I really did not want to take the towel ( now full red) off until the Doc. could see it.
She insisted
So I pulled the towel off and the blood squirted across the room.
She about fainted.
I told her that this was the good finger the other are worst.
There was another guy in front of me in line that ran a Router bit completely threw the center of his hand.
That guy was in real bad shape.

When the Doc came into help me out. I pulled the red towel off of my hand and the Doc just about passed out.
he was useless and I told him that I would scrub the injury's up with the scrub brush they gave me and I started joking with him to calm him down.
He sewed me up the best he could.
Xray's showed the Cerf of the saw blade going right threw the tips of all 3 fingers.

When I went back for a check up to see how things were healing.
I was talking to the Nurse and she told me that that was a very bad day.
The Guy that ran the router bit threw his hand was more than likely going to loose the use of his had totally the router bit chewed up most of the bones in his hand.

I talked to her about the Doc that worked on me and she told me that it was one of his first days working in the ER and they made sure that he got all of the real gory stuff as a joke on him.

She remembered me because of my joking. They all thought I was going into shock and they thought that they were going to have trouble with Doc and me.

I told her that I seen the Doc was freaked out and I was trying to ease his freak out so that he would not screw up on me and make thing worst.

Then I started joking with her to show her what kind of sick and twisted person I am.
She got a big laugh out of it.

I still say no Guards on my table saw.
I was using a push stick when this happened to me Crap happens and my push stick hand was uninjured. It was my other hand that pushed the piece down from hitting me between the eye's.

The thing that sucks was I did not even have a project that I was working on. I was just cutting thin strips for future projects.