Little update on the land shark for any who might be interested. We're betting Charlie's a bit younger than originally thought, as there's still a lot of puppy in there. Housetraining is still going on, but we have a fenced backyard here, so she can go in and out as needed. Sleeps 8hrs no problem in a crate in the bedroom, but still wants to pee in the house at times if she's played hard or just woke up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She figured out right quick that the old white bulldog mix is boss, and she's not challenging that. Made best friends with our 3yr old brindle cur and he's liable to get back in fighting shape with all the wrasslin' every day. We're currently living in our 1200SF hunting camp as we prepare to build a house here, so it gets a bit tight when the pups get after it.

The best part is that she's a people-lover. Guess it's partly due to the alone-time at the pound, but she's wanting to be with somebody at every waking moment. We're going with it for a while before we start suggesting she learn a bit of independence. A person might want to get a shower or go to the bathroom by themselves every now and again.

Phase 2 is going to be off-leash command training and working on not chasing the cats. Hopefully, we'll get there. It took a while with the big dogs, but they made it. She likely can too..

Now with even more aplomb