[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Pre Model 27,.357 Magnum, 6 ½”Blue Circa 1955
I have a factory letter (with copy of original invoice) on this one. Factory Letters now cost $100 when you can get them. This gun shipped from the factory in February of 1955 to J.S. Oshman Co., Houston, Texas.
The revolver is very fine condition with a few spots of bluing missing and a few scratches. This one has enough handling marks so you don’t have to worry about taking it to the range and shooting the gun. These Pre-27s all have cylinder turn lines, some more pronounce than this. It has great original walnut Magna grips serial numbered to the gun. A bit of a smudge and some tiny freckling under the grip on the off-side that shows up in the close-up photo. These have the nicest Carbonia bluing of any S&W, IMO and I would rate this as having 95%.
While not priced as high as Pythons, I think them as higher quality in fit, finish and function. Ask questions if you have them. A revolver you can be proud to own. I shot it last week with factory magnum loads and it's a handful but fun to shoot; 25 yards plum-center. In my opinion, these early post-war guns show the best combination of pre-war quality manufacture and post-war innovations such as improved adjustable sights, and safety block.
FFL to FFL or C&R, Postal Money Orders, or Bank Draft, check with me for other arrangements. Fairly priced at $1750+35 Priority Mail Ship Insured. Please contact Steven Dodd Hughes at: sdhmontana.net or PM. Serous inquiry please call 406-222-9377

SDH