Originally Posted by Futura
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was told by my grandmother that her mother was half Blackfoot. My kids got me a DNA test a couple years back and I came back like 99% European. I did test in the high 90’s of those in the database for Neanderthal blood.

Was told that the markers for NA weren’t as defined as others but who the hell knows.

You know, maybe there is some suppression going on for political reasons. I don’t know. My sister has a different mother that is supposed to be native. I’ve met her maternal grandmother and others on her maternal side so I assumed it was true. They look like they could be. They have a darker complexion. Her grandmother had skin that looked like a white person who had a dark sun tan. Her test came back with no NA DNA at all and about 1% Pakistani.

My wife is supposed to have Lakota on her mother’s side. My wife’s grandmother was half. They know the ancestor. There are old photos of him and they have newspaper and other media he is in when he travelled in Old West shows. Despite the fact that he is clearly a documented relative, her cousins who have gotten DNA tests that share the same NA great grandfather have returned no NA DNA. They should be roughly 10-15% NA.

So it’s possible I guess that they are missing NA markers. They don’t pull your whole genome just look for certain markers. Or my wife had some shenanigans happen in her lineage resulting in her biological ancestors being different than the written family tree.

Sounds like the ancestor that traveled in the old west shows was paki