Originally Posted by Sponxx
Originally Posted by beretzs
Did you get a chance to reshoot?

Scotty -
Yes, did the chance to shoot (Kind of)

I've been extremely busy this week and didn't load at home, thinking to load over at the ranch. Rushing outr I brought everything, except the press (set up on a portable Sinclair stand)

I had some leftover bullets that I didn't shoot last time due to weird "too fast" readings and setup at at 144yds
For the loads I had speeds were on par of what they should be, progressing from previous. I do believe firmly what I suspected, weird light or chrono not open enough, as has been suggested

65.5 - 3099 3096
66 - 3126, 3124
66.5 - Err2 3111, 3113
67 - 3149, 3149, 3210 (last shot was on a hotter chamber than planned)

Shot round robin and POI fairly same for all of them, but I decided to change rear bags halfway through (dumb!!), so POI shifted between 1st and 2nd shot of same charges (but almost same for each string of different charges)
I got some minor primer flow on the 67gr loads. No extractor marks or hard bolt lift, but I would call 67 max, and will try some groups with 65 - 66.5 range and see if there is one that shines clearly over the others

Changing rear bags isn't going to "shift" POI. If it does, you have major problems..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA