I've done it more than a few times.
I've put 3 Rem 700 barrels into Howa/Vanguards. The 1-1/6-16 tpi 700 thread is pretty much cleaned up by cutting to 26mm x 1.5. These were Remington 7-08 barrels that became 280AI's in 2 of the Howa/Vanguards. The other became a 284 Win. You remove the 700 counterbore to do this.
I once put a heavy 700 varmint 243 barrel in a Parker-Hale Mauser as a 6mm Rem. The 700 Varmint and Sendero barrels have lots of shank and therefore more possibilities.
I have yet to do one with a bushing like greydog describes above but I may in the future as I have a new stainless Kimber 84L takeoff in 25-06. These have a very small shank at 1.04". Not much you can put it into other than another 84L or an 84M or a small ring Mauser.

Here's one I did about a year ago. A stainless fluted Savage 22-250 barrel in a Sako AI, now a 221 Fireball. I shortened it by at least 2" which removes the 22-250 chamber. From there it's no different than working with a blank. the OD of the Savage barrel is perfect for the little Sako action. They have a 7/8-16 thread.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by rembo; 10/24/21.

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"