Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Thanks GD.

I don't know what the Tikka/Sako barrels are, but I would love to be able to swap barrels on the old A-Bolt. It is actually wearing a fresh barrel on it now. A buddy's dad had a new .270 Browning with the Boss brake on it, but wanted a 25-06. I ended up with his barrel and had it put on mine. The thing shoots amazingly well, but for kicks I measured it one day and if I recall correctly there is only about 19"s of barrel before the muzzle break.

I was thinking about consolidating cartridges anyways, so if I could make it a 30-06 or .308, using one of the barrels I already have, then that would be great. I just don't know if Browning and Tikkas are compatible (or Remington).

I did sleeve the tenon on an A-Bolt barrel and put it on a Mauser, several years ago, but I just don't recall what the pitch was. The very first time I repurposed a barrel in this way, about forty years ago, was to install a Weatherby barrel on a 1917 Enfield. Since then, I've re-purposed barrels of all sorts. Springfield to Brno, Brno ZKK to Mauser 98, Steyr Mannlicher to Arisaka, and on and on. I have also sleeved tenons to correct a buggered up thread. Of course, most of these jobs were done when I didn't value my time quite so highly! GD