Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
I must have missed something. I don't see a question to give advice on.

Tim,

You did.

IIRC in his original query the OP asked for "advice" in regards to the acquisition of a custom knife that incorporated a gut-hook. He did not like the responses he got. Consequently he edited his post.......

I don’t know why I thought I would ask a question about custom knives on a forum about knives. Obviously this is a forum for trolls. My wife wanted ideas for me for Christmas and instead of ideas we received a bunch of douchebags whacking on a keyboard amongst other things.

"Last edited by BenelliHunter; 1 hour ago."

Some folks seem to have tender feelers, or are looking to be offended. If that be the case a forum such as this that is frequented by a somewhat small group of regulars who happen, for the most part to be "knife guys" , is just the place.

Perhaps you, or another maker can suggest where he can commission a custom knife with a gut-hook.

I would have suggested a maker, but even though I have quite a few customs by at least a couple dozen makers, I've never seen or asked for one of their creations to feature a gut hook. I tend to agree with the sentiments of MOGC and Hunt's. I do use gut hooks, but not on my custom knives.....

ya!

GWB

PS:

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-31-002745-Vital-Zip/dp/B00I9Y74FI

Last edited by geedubya; 10/25/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.