Originally Posted by dpd
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Ram will have the best ride empty, the 5.7 hemi and 8 speed has proven to be reliable. I've had a 2011 and a 2015 and no complaints. It's a little more saggy in the rear with a heavy load.

Ford - 5.0 is good, some debate over the eco-boost. Still running leaf springs in the the rear and is most expensive of the big 3.

GM - well just look up the MDS cam failure epidemic. I wouldn't touch anything new made by GM aside from the c8 vette .

Hey because of the chip shortage the DFM is inoperable. grin

I would be leery of a Ford 5.0 because the cylinder liners are sprayed in. My ecoboost was bought back with 6k on the odometer.

Toyota Tundra no thanks and I owned a 2017.

Ok where can I find out about the cylinder liners being sprayed in ?

Ford uses Plasma Transfer Wire Arc cylinder liners in the 5.0 v8. People are pushing those stock bottom ends to 1k HP in Mustangs so I wouldn't worry about the 5.0 holding up. They had a few 5.0 production issues in 18-19, but it's good to go now.

GM is having a fit with all their V8's collapsing lifters and eating cams by the trainload and parts are scarce to fix them. So that leaves Ford or Ram, both are good trucks in my opinion, I'd be ok owning either one for 1/2 ton duties. If GM unfuggs their engine issues, that might be a decent choice also, but that could be a while.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne