Originally Posted by Armednfree
Tossed the 22 in the truck before work this A.M. After work I took a walk on the edge of some woods. There's a narrow tractor trail along the woods with standing corn in the field. 30 minutes and 5 squirrels, that's cheating. I could have gotten more, but 5 was enough. The woods are loaded with squirrel, almost no one hunts them anymore. These are fox squirrels, we never see greys around here.

You’re in Ohio so you I’m assuming y’all have the Midwestern variety of fox squirrel. They have finally reached the northwest corner of North Carolina. I’ve seen them in both Ashe and Allegheny counties which border TN and VA. cute little devils but I wouldn’t be above eating them. They have similar coloration to that of the southeastern strain but not the size. Still noticeably larger than the grays.

BTW squirrel gumbo is mighty fine too. Pan fry the parts then debone. Then add it to whatever your version of gumbo is. Just don’t forget the filet seasoning (powdered sassafras). Spoon it over some Zatarains white rice and break out a bottle of good red. Don’t forget the hot sauce. UmmmUmmmUm

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."