Originally Posted by Jevyod
I appreciate your response. I was behind one of my friends one time when he rear-ended somebody (elk spotting, paying too much attention to an elk. Unfortunately the vehicle in front had pretty much stopped and was watching the same elk) Anyways, he was maybe 18 or 20. Called his dad. Dad came over, and son was obviously distraught. First thing dad did was start walking around the vehicle assessing damage. Poor guy, you could see he was absolutely miserable, needing dad to assure him it was ok, but dad seems more intent on figuring out how much damage is done to the truck. Left an impression on me, why would you act more concerned about that which can be replaced than that which cannot?

Yep.

Boy in the neighboring community that we know through wrestling circles wrecked his dad's truck about a month ago. Got out of the truck and shot himself over it.

He passed away a couple weeks later.

Emotional scared immature teens can easily spiral out of control when put into a situation that they don't see a way out of. As a dad, that scares the crap out of me.

Montana MOFO