Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by okie
Sell them from the farm ....

That's an option.

But local packing companies that slaughter beef are booked solid into 2022 a few months right now.

Unless you have the knowledge and equipment to kill, hang and process beef, it brings you back to square one.

Interesting. I think we're definitely reaching a point where people need figure out how to do for themselves. I know several people that are raising meat and marketing and selling locally. I too have acquired a handful of cattle recently and am trying to figure out how to market them.

Processing meat is definitely a bottle neck. Some friends went as far as looking into buying a small processor. I know my grandfather used to hang them in the barn and process himself during the winter when the weather was cool. Though, not sure how hard it is to butcher cattle. I've processed 30 or so deer and elk over my life so I in my uneducated opinion would guess that would be similar with more of it.

On another note, I just bought a trailer identical to yours. Haven't pulled it yet, but a friend I trust tells me the people out in West Texas that started that company make a quality product and are good people.