Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, good stuff buddy BSA, your 'Smith is probably still smiling, my 'Smith has a fancy borescope, i had him give my 264 a good looking over after i Wipeout foamed it clean to the steel, he wasn't into it for a couple seconds and started smiling, this rifle has had an easy life, carried some, shot next to nothing, i was happy, also looked up serial, seems mine is a 1960 model rifle, i've only shot five bull elk and had two assists on a cow and another bull, used rifles from 338 to 375 cal, i for the life of me cant see why this 264 WM firing that long bonded 160gr Woodleigh at 3000 fps wouldn't make a right descent elk rifle, should bore a damn good deep hole through the vitals.

Oh hell yes gunner. That will make a dandy elk rifle. Hey, ill be packing around a tiny 7mm08 today with 140gr barnes. Ill bet if I cross paths with a bull, that little sucker will be sufficient.

You'll get it done buddy, i hope you find a bull and get the freezers loaded, Wife went to the grocer awhile back to buy some sort of meat for a ladies potluck dinner, she was shocked at the prices for store bought meat, she came home saying i'm so glad you hunt, it saves us a fortune........grin............i should have said, why yes honey, i think i need another rifle ; ]

Trump Won!