Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, good stuff buddy BSA, your 'Smith is probably still smiling, my 'Smith has a fancy borescope, i had him give my 264 a good looking over after i Wipeout foamed it clean to the steel, he wasn't into it for a couple seconds and started smiling, this rifle has had an easy life, carried some, shot next to nothing, i was happy, also looked up serial, seems mine is a 1960 model rifle, i've only shot five bull elk and had two assists on a cow and another bull, used rifles from 338 to 375 cal, i for the life of me cant see why this 264 WM firing that long bonded 160gr Woodleigh at 3000 fps wouldn't make a right descent elk rifle, should bore a damn good deep hole through the vitals.

Oh hell yes gunner. That will make a dandy elk rifle. Hey, ill be packing around a tiny 7mm08 today with 140gr barnes. Ill bet if I cross paths with a bull, that little sucker will be sufficient.

You'll get it done buddy, i hope you find a bull and get the freezers loaded, Wife went to the grocer awhile back to buy some sort of meat for a ladies potluck dinner, she was shocked at the prices for store bought meat, she came home saying i'm so glad you hunt, it saves us a fortune........grin............i should have said, why yes honey, i think i need another rifle ; ]

Ha ha. Yeah, that would have been perfect.. I like the way you think..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA