Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
I'm hoping a High Power Ambi safety will fit.

Me too.

Called Springfield Armory again today. According to the rep I spoke with, they had a meeting this morning about adding an ambi safety option, installed and fitted by them. But, the rep said that is "down the road".

So, at this point for a lefty, the only option is to buy the ambi safety separately from Brownell's or another vendor and install it or have a gunsmith install it for you.

There are only two ambi safeties I’m aware of, and I’m not much a fan of either. The FN factory ambi, and the Cylinder & slide. I shoot with a high thumb, and that’s really awkward with the C&S. As for the FN style, it’s painful if you want to rest your thumb on the safety…and I want to rest my thumb on the safety.

Now if you’re right handed, the C&S non-ambi is a decent safety. The safety on the new SA looks like the best of the bunch thus far…Now if they’d just do the others side.

You’ll notice that most of the serious HP builders just modify an old style safety, because they don’t like the aftermarket options either.