Originally Posted by 158XTP
I agree with Mike Mcguire bout greater use of positive expanding bullets in Australia. Americans more likely to class a bullet a failure if it loses a few grains or cant penetrate 36"of ballistic gel+ 6" pine boards on a youtube video. In big game calibres I used to like the older style hornadies and even the .416 calibre woodleighs. Unfortunately the owners at these companies read enough of the same magazines the average gunowner does and they toughened the jackets back in the 2000's.

My theory is as Aussie hunters can shoot a lot more game if they want (being 95% of our game is plague proportion pest animals with no seasons or bag limits) they figure out by necessity stuff falls over okay with cheap bullets. Americans maybe spend more time planning that special hunt which involves a bullet handling any angle that presents.

A bit off tangent but since we are comparing preferences between the countries I will say the yanks are superior meat utilizers. All those guys into skinning, field dressing, trophies, packing meat out. Some Aussies are still into this but most game being pests usually rots where it lays.

One other random observation is the awe given to hogs by Americans smile Here they are considered just another thin skinned game for a 243 or 357 carbine, 223 with well placed shots, or in my region , dog and knife...

On a US forum though a discussion on hogs often devolves into "battling tusk-zilla with a 338 win mag or 44 mag with hardcasts". Strikes me as funny since Americans have 3 types of bears which can outrun, outswim, outclimb a man(or hog!) and eat you too Now that is a scary animal in my opinion. And yanks think nothing of camping around them or shooting them with handguns and bows and arrows.

Those are very astute observations and well written.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.