Leadminer- The hunt was good but fast. I shot the Muley in the morning and the antelope in the afternoon of day one. We had set up on a hill that was covered with boulders as a place to glass from. After a couple of hours we spotted 3 bucks 750 yards away feeding on the edge of a small valley hoping they would go over the edge and then we could close the distance as there was no cover between us.The largest buck was the only one I was interested in and he was average not huge, the other 2 were small. The large buck had a different plan and headed across a property line that we couldn't, we thought he was headed up there to bed and was gone. Not 5 minutes later here he comes at a dead run with a coyote nipping at his backside. They run by the two smaller bucks and all 3 of them end up in front of us at 550 yards in some small trees. I couldn't tell which buck was which at this point as they were all partially hidden in the trees, right behind them was a steep bank which they all went over in a couple of minutes. We then decided to circle around them and see if we could find them. After glassing for a while we were about to give up when the biggest buck starts running up the bank across from us and I shot him at 300 yards. He had been bedded in the bottom of a steep ravine 100 yards from us all the time we were looking for him. It was 1 shot from a 155 scenar at 2958 FPS out of my Fieldcraft 06. The bullet destroyed the heart and smashed the offside leg and kept going. He never took another step.
We dropped the deer off at the processer in Gillette and headed to the Antelope area . We tried stalking a couple of different bucks but could not get close enough. We were contemplating what to do next when my Antelope buck popped up 200 yards in front of us and I shot him through the lungs he went about 20 yards. The next day I headed for home as My hunt was over and I was not feeling right not sick , lethargic, tired and shortness of breath. I was home in 2 long days of driving, 800 miles the first day and 1200 miles the second.The next morning I woke up having a heart attack. The hospital put 3 stents in my heart and sent me home in a few days. I should be fine but have a little bit of a road ahead of me. I can't wait to go back.