The season started October 16, 2021. The guys have been doing pretty well. Some better than others. You have to hunt for birds on public lands. I started hunting October 25. Pheasant number are pretty good. It's not as dry or drought conditions as the reports I heard before actually getting my boots on the ground.

The grass is still tall and green. Ponds and lakes have good water levels everywhere I have been.

A good amount of corn has been harvested and I see combines running every day.

Lots of beans still standing in the fields which us unusual. I'm not sure the reason as the beans I checked were fully developed.

Most of the Walk-In and WPA's and ditches have had hay cut out of them. They left part standing but the cut areas have no cover for pheasants which is a shame. I was very surprised to see the WPA's hayed since they are posted as Federal land.

I have shot my limit of three roosters every day in anywhere from 1-3 hours time. I'm expecting good things until I head home for Thanksgiving.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"