Gitem 12: Yes they are worth every penny.
By coincidence I just got back from "our" high country/back country (8,025' elevation!) Elk camp and of the four Hunters that packed in all four had Schnee's boots!
We hiked in but a horse wrangler brought our heavy gear in with pack horses.
I am so thankful I had my Schnee's along as the weather turned horrific!
48 straight hours of non-stop rain (something I have never witnessed in over half a century of Hunting in Montana!) THEN it snowed on top of the muddy ground - then it froze!
The Schnee's worked wonderfully well in the mud, in the snow, then in the crusted snow and ice.
My Schnee's are the 10" Hunter Model but one of our group has the 13" high model and I almost wish I had bought that model.
Warmth and comfort are excellent for me and traction was very good in the toughest of conditions.
Plus they are re-soleable (sp?) - pay heavy once - then repeatedly be happy you did so.
I suggest a trip to Bozeman, Montana to their flagship store and fit them to your feet the first time.
Best of luck with whichever you decide on.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Due to a freak heavy snow (20" plus at that elevation!) two weeks before the opener the Elk had moved out of the high country before the opening day this year, thus NO Elk but we had fun and were comfy in our Schnee's!