Originally Posted by wildcat33
I have the Granite 600gr boots. Lasted three seasons. On the fourth (this year) they leaked like there was nothing there. The two other guys I hunt with have the same issue (Granite and Beartooth). Contacted Schnees about it and they told me that they are "past the expected life of the liner. Three years and beyond is the typical life of those". 2wks/yr * 3 yrs = 42 days of use. At $500 retail thats $10 a day. Soles and leather still going great, but no thanks.

Any "waterproof"--breathable membrane in boots is good for about.....3 years. The boot will remain waterproof if a guy takes care of the leather and waxes it from the get-go and keeps the leather waxed. No, it won't be as breathable but "breathable" is mostly wishful advertising for ANY boot that is leather.

Schnee's recommends NikWax Waterproofing Wax for leather, it's what I use on all my leather hunting boots for the last 10 years or so. It's the best waterproofing for leather boots I've used so far.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.