Originally Posted by tcp
Originally Posted by TheKid
On the other hand with the advent of super muzzleloaders using shotgun primers, smokeless powder, scopes, and high BC bullets. I wish my state would either go back to primitive style muzzleloaders, allow us to use a handgun even and preferably straight wall only, or do away with the whole “primitive” season and just let us shoot our two bucks with a rifle. I’m the only guy I know who still hunts with a sidelock using loose powder and lead bullets.

"Muzzeloader season" is now just a euphemism for single shot rifle season. I hunted a lot with a muzzleloader during regular deer season back when there were no inline, shotgun primer, scoped, stainless "muzzleloaders" that now have a special season. If you are being granted a special season for a primitive weapon then the weapon should actually be a replica of a primitive weapon.

I feel the same way about crossbows in archery season. If you want to claim you crossbow is primitive then maybe it should only have sights and limb technology available when firearms superseded crossbows historically.

Literally, as I can (and do) legally use a .357 Maximum barrel on my TC Encore for late muzzleloader season, as pistols are legal for this season as well. My gun is technically a pistol, but with an 18" barrel, it's more like a hand rifle.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile