I mostly used the Speer product. Might be that the Speer was softer, the lube different, ect. I know I pushed them faster than what you were probably getting from your 2" Chief's Special. Speaking of shooting fish... I have a buddy that has a private lake with an over abundance of very large carp and tons of turtles. I have permission to fish but also have standing orders to shoot every turtle or carp I get a chance at. One time I was fishing for bluegill in a shallow cove and watched a half dozen of those big carp slowly ease into the cove. They were like whales or something, the drifted along and occasionally surfaced and seemed to suck something off the surface of the water. I was packing a 4" M19 S&W .357 with handloads of the old Speer 146 gr. half jacket hollowpoint stoked by a charge of #2400. I didn't have a chronograph back then but the load manual said I should have been getting about 1,300 fps from my 4". I waited until the angle was just right and I hammered one of those carp just behind the eyes and center of the head. At the shot the carp just rolled over and sank. The water was shallow and I could see that I didn't blow that carp's head off like I expected. I waded out and recovered that dude and was shocked to see the base of the bullet flush with the scales on the head. I plucked that perfectly expanded hollowpoint out of that carps head with my fingers! I still think that was strange bullet performance.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.