I've been playing with VV n37 and n38 and 105 lately and have been pretty impressed with them. I found some of my favorite pistol powders Longshot, be-86, power pistol and titrgroup seemed to be interacting with my powder coating on my cast bullets. I went looking for good single base options and found VV powders.

The n105 makes some great almost full house magnum loads without going to the higher grain weight charges I uses to hit with pp300mp or h110 or magnum. I give up a little velocity but get many more loads per pound.

I've always been a fan of mid speed powders for efficiency with decent speed. I've used a lot of Longshot, power pistol, and in more recent years be-86. Hard to best Longshot in a 40 or 10mm but powdercoating sent me looking for other options.

I've got a bunch of speer swaged 158g 38 hpswc bullets I bought for half of about 5 years ago. I need to find a load for them and crank out a bunch. I'm wrapping up my 45 acp then I'll do some 45 colt and then switch to small primers and start on 38. I'd like to get about 850 from my lcr and 360pd both with 1&7/8" barrels. That may be pushing it but I've got some universal I need to use so i thought I'd start with about 5 grains. If that doesn't work I nay try vv n37 or 38 next.

When I find a load that shoots I'll crank out 1000 or so. I'll also use it in my 3", 4" and 6" 357s so I want it under 1000 fps in those guns too. I've heard these swagged Speers can lead bad if you run them too fast.

What's a good powder for 850 with the swagged 158 in a 2"ish gun that stays under 1000 in a 6"? I'm thinking faster burning powders will keep the difference at a minimum. I've also got lots of wsf I'm not using so I may try it too.

Bb