Day 7 Andrew made a great shot on a cow in heavy wind:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And on Day 8 Paulie conceded his holdout for a bull with time running out and punched his elk tag. Also a great shot from what I'm told:

All in all, what an amazing trip. I thought we'd kill more bulls but as you know how it goes, they became scarce. It's a rare thing to have a group of hunting buddies that all mesh together, have great hunting chemistry, that like to camp with each other. I love these guys. We all punched tags, we found good action by ourselves in a new state, we all got bloody together.

I love the west. The terrain is physically taxing, and to get these elk we had to hump the mountains and then hump them back out. What's good for the body is good for the mind. The physical toil produces mental stimulation and satisfaction, sore joints and muscles, weary bodies, full hearts. Now, I know the Montana residents are laughing at us and thinking "you can shoot those elk from the roads, thanks for kicking elk out of the mountains for us." Which I know is true, I've had a few drinks in the bars in MT. But we don't live there. We don't know where the roads are. We found these elk where they were, and we killed them, and we're happy. And I think we made some really good progress towards future success. Happy hunting fellas.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]