Originally Posted by HE112
I used to have a Ruger Single Six and it got stolen in a burglary, thinking of getting a replacement. The steel Ruger revolvers have gotten expensive and it was not shot that much, but did like it. Looking at the Heritge Roiugh Rider or the Ruger Wrangler.

The trigger is nicer on the Heritage but there have been complaints with some on parts breakage and the finish wearing off, also the company is owned by Taurus and they have slow customer service. The Wrangler is not setup for .22 magnum but the finish is better and I have owned many Rugers in the past and never had an issue, and people say that the warranty customer service is top notch. Money is tight right now so looking at these two budget guns, anyone have or experience with either and what would they prefer or recommend?

Thanks.

Taurus' CS may be slow but the Heritage CS customer service is handled by them in FL, so that point is likely moot.

Both guns are about the same in terms of accuracy given equal barrel lengths. I think the Ruger is the better made gun,. It is also better made than the old Aluminum framed Colt Scouts were( and yes,I have owned and still own many Colt SA .22s)

The Ruger has a transfer bar and the Heritage has a hideous looking safety on the left side.

To me-it comes down to cost vs how much you value investing in American jobs and an American owned company. I would buy the Ruger before the Heritage. I just wish Ruger would offer longer barrel lengths.

Last edited by jk16; 11/12/21.